Election of Student Representatives
We'd like to give thanks to everyone who participated in the Election of the Student Representatives 2019. You can find the results here (German only, last page).
The next election of the student representatives at TU Wien takes place in the summer term 2021. Make use of your right to vote, thus support the PhD student representative body and make your voice heard! Below we want to sum up what the accomplishments of our work during the last two years were. Furthermore, we describe what we want to achieve during the next two years. You will also find all relevant information about where and how you can vote on this site.
You can vote the representatives for the PhD Programme Representation, the Students’ Union at the TU Wien and the Austrian Students’ Union.
Further information is available in German on www.htu.at/wahl
PhD Programme Representation
The PhD Programme Representation represents the interests of all PhD students at TU Wien. The election of the student representatives is an election of persons. You may elect zero to five representatives (you may mark up to five crosses on the ballot).
The current PhD Student Representatives
Matthias Steinböck, Ulrich Knechtelsdorfer, Georg Janisch, Michael Leitzenberger, Jakob Maderthaner
The students' representatives are at the same time members of the Fachschafti Doktorati, which is open for all doctoral candidates. Decisions are made by everyone participating in the Fachschaft, not only by the elected representatives. The elections legitimise the representatives, which makes the described decision making process possible.
Students’ Union at TU Wien:
The Students’ Union represents the interests of all students at TU Wien. You may vote for one party.
Depending on the votes for each party, the 19 seats are allocated.
Austrian Students’ Union:
The Austrian Students’ Union represents the interests of all students in Austria. You may vote for one party, just like for the Students’ Union at TU Wien. Depending on the votes for each party, the 55 seats are allocated.
Every PhD student, whose payment tuition fee/students‘ union fee has been registered before the deadline (will be updated before the next election) is entitled to vote.
PhD students may cast their ballots in the election of the student representatives in every polling place at TU Wien. A list of polling places with corresponding opening hours can be found at www.htu.at/wahl.
What is FSDR doing for you?
- Providing information regarding PhD studies at TU Wien at our bilingual homepage
- Offering workshops for doctoral students
- Representation of all doctoral students at the official committees at TU Wien
- Contributing in the curriculum and concerning guidelines
- Orientation courses for young scientists on a regular basis
- Strengthening the cooperation with Eurodoc (www.eurodoc.net)
- Stammtisch for PhD students
- Organizing a Winter-/Summerfest each semester
- Biweekly office hours and additional support via e-mail
- Offering help for solving problem cases with official organs at TU Wien
Our goal for the upcoming period is the improvement of our services, next to that we stand for:
- Simplification and unification of formal processes during your PhD studies (e.g. thesis agreement)
- Strengthening the interdisciplinary connection of doctoral candidates
- Expand, harmonize and improve financing opportunities for doctoral studies
- Specialized lectures for doctoral candidates
- Recruit motivated colleagues to broaden the FSDR over all faculties